Meet Laine Housand
Laine was born and raised in Southern California and earned her bachelor’s degree in biological sciences at University of California, Irvine. She went on to work in spinal cord injury research for five years, which was what ultimately helped her fall in love with the brain, spine, and neurosurgery as a whole. After moving to the east coast to attend physician assistant school at Rutgers University in New Jersey, she worked as a neurosurgery PA for two years in Virginia. Her family recently relocated here to Colorado and she believes they are here to stay. Laine loves being a PA because she enjoys working together with patients, helping them improve their health and lives, and she takes great honor in being given the opportunity to be there for people in some of their most vulnerable moments. In her free time, she likes to spend time with her husband, daughter, and dog, practice yoga, and explore the outdoors. Laine sees patients in our Littleton and Lone Tree medical offices.
- Master of Science, Physician Assistant Studies: Rutgers University
- Bachelor of Science, Biological Sciences: University of California, Irvine
- Lead Physician Assistant, Neurosurgery One (2021 to present)
- Physician Assistant, Neurosurgery One (2019 to present)
- Physician Assistant, Colorado Orthopaedics (2018-2019)
- Physician Assistant, Sentara Neurosurgery Specialists (2016-2018)
- Sharp K., Gramer R., Butler L., Cramer SC., Hade E., Page SJ. Effect of overground training augmented by mental practice on gait velocity in chronic, incomplete SCI. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 2014; 95(4):615-621.
- Butler L., Steward O. An exploration of axon regeneration and forelimb motor function following a cervical spinal cord injury in mice. Undergraduate Journal of Biological Sciences 2008-2009. 2009; 110-122.
- 2020 – 2022, Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers, American Heart Association
- 2020 – 2022, Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support, American Heart Association
- 2021 – 2023, Physician Assistant, National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- 2021 – present, Fellow Member, Littleton Adventist Hospital Advanced Practice Provider Council
- 2020 – present, APP Member, Medication Safety Team Committee of Littleton Adventist Hospital
- 2016 – present, Fellow Member, Association of Neurosurgical Physician Assistants
- 2016 – present, Fellow Member, American Association of Surgical Physician Assistants
- 2015 – 2018, Fellow Member, Virginia Academy of Physician Assistants
- 2013 – present, Fellow Member, American Academy of Physician Assistants
National leader in robotic-guided asleep DBS for Parkinson's and other movement disorders.