7780 South Broadway
Littleton, CO 80122
Physicians At This location
MD, FACS, FAANS
MD, PhD, FAANS
Expert Littleton Neurosurgeons | South Denver Spine Center
Neurosurgery One Littleton is home to a team of Littleton neurosurgeons and Littleton spine surgeons who’ve been serving South Denver for more than 30 years. When it comes to brain and spine surgery, experience is everything. Our Littleton neurosurgeons are experts at treating all forms of back and neck pain, neurological disorders, brain and spine tumors, and more. If you’re looking for South Denver spine care, look no further than Neurosurgery One. When you come to our Littleton neurosurgeons for care, we’ll take the time to listen to your concerns and perform diagnostic exams using the latest imaging technology and techniques. You’ll receive a comprehensive diagnosis and have all of your questions answered. One of our Littleton neurosurgeons will then work with you to create a custom treatment plan that will take into account your therapy goals and desires. Most back and neck conditions can be treated nonsurgically, and we will always recommend conservative therapies first, when possible. If you have back or neck pain, we can help restore your function so you can return to doing the things you enjoy. Neurosurgery One’s Littleton spine surgeons use the following therapies to treat all types of back and neck pain:
- Physical therapy
- Spinal injections
- Spinal cord stimulation
- Nerve ablation
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
Our Littleton neurosurgeons are some of the best around and treat all types of brain and spine disorders, including:
- Brain and spinal cord tumors
- Essential tremor
- Headaches and facial pain, including trigeminal neuralgia
- Injuries and trauma
- Parkinson’s disease
Littleton Neurosurgeons Offering Specialized Care
As some of the most experienced Littleton neurosurgeons, our physicians have the ability to treat brain and spine conditions from basic to the most complex. Our South Denver spine and neurology clinic is part of the Denver Neurosurgery One practice that spans seven locations and has a depth of services you won’t find with other Denver neurosurgeons. Located off of South Broadway on the campus of Littleton Adventist Hospital, Neurosurgery One Littleton offers the following specialty services:
- Interventional spine pain management. Patients who do not get relief from back pain through physical therapy and medication may be candidates for interventional pain management procedures that include spinal injections, radiofrequency ablation, spinal cord stimulation and other minimally invasive procedures. We perform spinal injections with image guidance to ensure medication is delivered precisely to the area causing pain and offer our patients sedation to make the procedure more comfortable.
- Deep brain stimulation (DBS). Neurosurgery One is home to Denver DBS Center, where David VanSickle, MD, PhD, one of our Littleton neurosurgeons, pioneered robotic-guided asleep DBS surgery for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease, essential tremor, dystonia, epilepsy, and obsessive compulsive disorder.
- Trauma surgery. Our Littleton neurosurgeons are experienced in repairing traumatic brain and spine injuries related to falls, vehicle collisions, extreme sports and more. J. Adair Prall, MD, of Neurosurgery One is the Director of Neurotrauma for Littleton Adventist Hospital, a Level II Trauma Center. He has held this position since 2004.
- Stereotactic radiosurgery. This treatment for trigeminal neuralgia and brain tumors is not surgery at all but a powerful form of radiation therapy. Our Littleton neurosurgeons have the expertise to perform all types of radiosurgery, including using the latest Zap-X technology.
- Awake craniotomy. Angela Bohnen, MD, a fellowship-trained neurosurgeon with Neurosurgery One Littleton performs this novel procedure which allows patients to remain awake–with no pain–during brain surgery to help ensure that no vital connections are disrupted. Awake craniotomy is most commonly used to remove tumors that are located in functional areas of the brain, such as those that control speech, vision or movement.
- Adult Concussion Clinic. Anyone over the age of 18 who has suffered a fall or blow to the head should make an appointment at our Concussion Clinic for evaluation. Staffed by certified nurse practitioners and overseen by Littleton neurosurgeons, our clinic is designed to help patients recover from mild brain injuries more quickly. Appointments are usually available within three days.
- Spine Fracture & Bone Health Clinic. Our Spine Fracture & Bone Health Clinic helps patients regain and optimize bone strength in as little as six weeks to:
- Prepare your bones for spine surgery to correct fractured vertebrae
- Prevent future spine fractures, lumbar fractures, lumbar compression fractures
- Aid in recovery following a spinal fracture or spine surgery
For a comprehensive list of services provided by Neurosurgery One Littleton through our network of clinics, visit our Treatments We Offer page.
Faster Care for Back Pain in Littleton
In addition to our team of Littleton neurosurgeons and pain management physicians, Neurosurgery One also includes advance practice providers (APPs), including physician assistants and nurse practitioners, so you can get the care you need as quickly as possible. Patients with non-life-threatening conditions, such as back or neck pain, may be evaluated by an APP first to expedite their care by ordering diagnostic exams and making referrals to physical therapy and pain management when necessary. Rest assured, your APP is partnered with one of our Littleton neuro-spine surgeons to create a custom treatment plan to restore your function and get you back to your full life as quickly as possible using the most medically sound treatments. Patients with “red flag” symptoms of spine conditions; brain, skull-base and spine tumors; and any other condition that threatens your life or could create disability if not treated urgently is seen directly by one of our board-certified Littleton neurosurgeons, with same-day appointments available.
Expert South Denver Spine Surgery and Brain Care
Neurosurgery One Littleton is conveniently located on the campus of Littleton Adventist Hospital in the 7780 Medical Office Building. Look for us just south of the hospital’s emergency department entrance near South Broadway and Mineral Ave., just north of the C-470. Ample free parking is available in the lot immediately in front of the building. Address: 7780 South Broadway Suite 350 Littleton, CO 80122 Fax: 720.583.6770 Phone: 720.638.7500
What to Expect From Our Littleton Neurosurgeons and South Denver Spine Surgeons
Neurosurgery One Littleton neurosurgeons perform inpatient surgery at Littleton Adventist Hospital at 7700 S. Broadway, which is adjacent to the Neurosurgery One Littleton office. Patients of Neurosurgery One affiliate Denver DBS Center may have their generator placed and programmed at the Functional Neurosurgical Ambulatory Surgery Center (FNASC), a state-of-the-art freestanding surgery center founded by Denver DBS Center in partnership with Littleton Adventist Hospital. The ambulatory surgery center is located across from the hospital at 11 West Dry Creek Circle, Suite 120, Littleton, CO, 80120. The South Denver spine surgeons and brain surgeons of Neurosurgery One are some of the top Denver neurosurgeons. Not only can you expect expert treatment when you come here, but you can also count on receiving compassionate care that takes into account your entire health, your long-term goals, your goals, and your quality of life. Our Littleton neurosurgeons take the time to get to know our patients and ensure you understand you diagnoses and treatment options–and that you feel listened to. Patients often use the term “amazing” to describe the experience they have at Neurosurgery One and state they feel “comfortable and confident” in the care they receive from our Littleton neurosurgeons. We are certain you will, too. When you’re ready to get the care you need for your back or neck pain, brain tumor or other brain condition, movement disorder, or other neurological condition, request an appointment with one of our Littleton neurosurgeons. To ensure your first visit is as efficient as possible, please review the following links and complete all required paperwork prior to your appointment. Insurances Accepted Patient Information and Forms Neurosurgery One Littleton is affiliated with Centura Health. After your first appointment, you’ll receive an activation code to create an account with MyCenturaHealth, our online patient portal. That’s where you will access your medical records, test results, messages from your providers and more. If you already have a MyCenturaHealth account, you will not need to create a new one. Thank you and we look forward to serving you.