Meet Cate McGraw
Cate McGraw is a board-certified adult nurse practitioner specializing in neurosurgery and program development. Cate works in various locations across our practice developing programs to provide increased access to care and improving patient outcomes utilizing her previous background. These programs have included the comprehensive Enhanced Recovery After Spine Surgery program, Bone Health/ Fracture Clinic and Mild Traumatic Brain Injury/ Concussion Clinic.
Cate received her bachelor’s degree in nursing from University of Northern Colorado. As a bedside nurse, she cared for patients with acute spinal cord and brain injury at Craig Hospital in Englewood, Colorado. While working at Craig, she obtained her master’s degree from University of Colorado Health Sciences Center. Following her graduation, she worked for National Jewish in both the in- and outpatient pulmonary settings as well as critical care until 2018.
Cate is a Colorado native and loves to explore the outdoors camping, riding ATV/UTVs and hiking with her husband and twin sons.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of Northern Colorado
- Master of Science in Nursing, Focus in Adult Nurse Practitioner, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- American Association of Spinal Cord Injury National Conference September 2006
- Rocky Mountain Hospital Symposium annually 2009-2016
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners National Conference 2011-2013
- National Nurse Practitioner Symposium 2012, 2016-2018
- National Association of Spine Surgeons National Conference 2018
- College of Neurological Surgeons National Conference 2019
- Neurosurgery One Program Development Coordinator March 2020- Present
- Programs Developed:
- Bone Health/Fracture Clinic at Neurosurgery One – Launched April 2020
- Enhanced Recovery After Spine Surgery at St Anthony’s Hospital- Launched May 2020
- Multidisciplinary Traumatic Brain Injury/Concussion Clinic at Neurosurgery One – Launched July 2020
- Precept Nurse Practitioner Students
- Programs Developed:
- Neurosurgery One Neurosurgical Nurse Practitioner May 2018 – Present
- Care of hospitalized neurosurgical patients, including neurocritical care, consultations, and post-operative care
- Development of Multidisciplinary Enhanced Recovery After Spine Surgery Program with Neurosurgery One and Littleton Adventist Hospital
- Includes development preoperative clearance clinic to decrease same day surgery cancellations.
- Critical Care Nurse Practitioner, National Jewish Critical Care, October 2016- May 2018
- Adult/Pulmonary Nurse Practitioner, National Jewish South Denver, August 2008-October 2016
- Registered Nurse on acute spinal cord injury floor at Craig Hospital June 2005-April 2008
- Clinical rotations at Northern Colorado Medical Center, The Children’s Hospital, Poudre Valley Hospital, Craig Hospital, Saint Anthony’s Central, Adams County Health Department and Eaton School District, May 2003-May 2005
- Adult Nurse Practitioner clinical rotations at Evercare and University of Colorado Family Medicine- Park Meadows Clinic, National Jewish South Denver, South Denver Cardiology Associates and South Denver Infectious Disease Specialist
- Sigma Theta Tau February 2005-present
- University of Northern Colorado Academic Athlete 2000-2003
- Student-Athlete of the Month at University of Northern Colorado February 2001 and December 2003
- Member of AASCIN since 2006
- Member of American Nurses Association since 2009
- Member of American Academy of Nurse Practitioners since 2008
Specializing in treatment of primary, skull base, and metastatic brain tumors, and spine conditions.
Specializes in complex tumors, vascular malformations, and spine surgery.
Specializing in treatments for epilepsy, obstructive sleep disorder, spine and brain conditions.
National leader in robotic-guided asleep DBS for Parkinson's and other movement disorders.