Meet Jamie Henry
Jamie is a Nurse Practitioner who specializes in the care of our neurosurgical outpatients, working primarily in the Neurosurgery One clinics at Littleton and Lone Tree. She has spent much of her career in the neurosurgical setting, and joined Neurosurgery One after moving to Colorado in 2016. Jamie graduated with her Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from Xavier University in 2006, and became a board-certified Holistic Nurse that year as well—a certification she keeps active and continues to incorporate into her daily practice. She graduated with her Master’s in Nursing and Family Nurse Practitioner from Walden University in 2015, with a 4.0 GPA. Jamie is also a board-certified Neuroscience Nurse.
Jamie is often involved in the care of patients from initial assessment and diagnosis, through their post-operative follow up visits, and anywhere in between. She has a passion for individualized, patient-centered care, and is dedicated to empowering patients and their families through education, collaboration, open communication, and maintaining a therapeutic healing environment. She strives to ensure our patients and their families feel well-prepared before, during, and after neurosurgical procedures.
Jamie is an active member of multiple professional organizations and academic honor societies, including the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, American Holistic Nurses Association, Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, and Golden Key International Honor Society.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing – Xavier University, Cincinnati, OH
- Master of Science in Nursing – Family Nurse Practitioner Concentration – Walden University, Minneapolis, MN
- FNP-C – AANP Certified Family Nurse Practitioner
- HNB-BC – AHNCC Certified Holistic Nurse
- CNRN – ABNN Certified Neuroscience Registered Nurse
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- American Holistic Nurses Association
- VanSickle, D., Volk, V., Freeman, P., Henry, J., Baldwin, M., Fitzpatrick, C., Electrode Placement Accuracy in Robot-Assisted Asleep Deep Brain Stimulation. Annals of Biomedical Engineering, (2019) 47: 1212.
- Henry, J.M. (2015, Aug 26). The NP Student’s Search for Preceptors. The Oracle: The Newsletter from the Nurse Practitioner Association of Maryland. 22 (1).
Specializing in treatment of primary, skull base, and metastatic brain tumors, and spine conditions.
Specializes in complex tumors, vascular malformations, and spine surgery.
National leader in robotic-guided asleep DBS for Parkinson's and other movement disorders.