Meet Dr. Erasmus Morfe
Dr. Morfe is a board-certified, fellowship-trained Physiatrist, specializing in interventional pain management and musculoskeletal medicine. Dr. Morfe performs pain management procedures for patients with neck pain, lower back pain, joint pain, myofascial pain and other conditions. He provides a variety of pain management procedures utilizing fluoroscopically guided spinal injections under IV sedation performed at South Denver Surgery Center. He also performs electrodiagnostic studies (EMG/NCS) in the office.
Dr. Morfe has a holistic approach to his practice, incorporating diet, lifestyle, and exercise with interventional procedures to maximize his patient’s quality of life and overall functional status. He has a special interest in using low carb/high protein diets and intermittent fasting to reduce overall systemic inflammation and hence pain.
Dr. Morfe earned his medical degree at Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, and completed his Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation residency at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. Dr. Morfe also completed a fellowship in Spine and Sports Medicine at the Mayo Clinic.
Since 2004, Dr. Morfe has been in private practice in Littleton. He also served as the Medical Director for the Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit at Littleton Adventist Hospital. Dr. Morfe joined Neurosurgery One in spring 2019 and sees patients at the practice’s Littleton clinics.
- Bachelor of Science – Grand Valley State University
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine – Michigan State University
- Internship – Botsford General Hospital
- Residency – Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation – Mayo Clinic
- Fellowship – Sports & Spine – Mayo Clinic
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit, Littleton Adventist Hospital, Medical Director 2013 – 2018
- Founder & Partner – Physiatry Consultants of Colorado dba Interwest Rehabilitation
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Spine Intervention Society
- North American Spine Society