Meet Gretchen Halker
Gretchen is a board-certified Family Nurse Practitioner providing care to patients in the Neurosurgery One Parker office. She has a background in primary care and is driven by providing care for the whole patient.
Gretchen earned her Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from Mt. Carmel College of Nursing in Columbus, Ohio. For approximately 10 years, she worked in critical care units in Ohio, Colorado, Texas, and New Mexico. Later, Gretchen graduated with a Master’s of Science in Nursing with a Family Practice Nurse Practitioner focus from the University of Northern Colorado, in 2009.
Prior to working for Neurosurgery One, Gretchen served patients in the primary care setting. She is passionate about working in collaboration with her patients to create the best possible outcomes for them.
Outside of work, Gretchen enjoys adventures with her husband and four children.
- Master of Science in Nursing with a Family Nurse Practitioner Focus 2009
University of Northern Colorado; Greeley, Colorado
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing 1998
Mount Carmel College of Nursing; Columbus, Ohio
- Family Nurse Practitioner, UCHealth – Primary Care and Women’s Wellness; Parker, Colorado
- Family Nurse Practitioner, Women’s Wellness Center; Parker, Colorado
- Registered Nurse, Mercy Regional Medical Center; Durango, Colorado
- Intake Specialist, Four Corner’s Healthcare Center; Durango, Colorad0
- Registered Nurse, San Juan Regional Medical Center; Farmington, New Mexico
Licenses and Certifications
- Family Nurse Practitioner Certification through ANCC
- Licensed as a Family Nurse Practitioner and Registered Nurse through Colorado DORA
- Registered with DEA and have full prescriptive authority
Fellowship-trained and board-certified physical medicine and rehabilitation physician in Parker.