Meet Freddie Giguere
Freddie was born in Quebec City, Canada but has spent most of her life in Colorado. She has a Bachelor of Science degree in psychology from the University of Denver. She then attended Creighton University where she attained her Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree. She began her career as a nurse at St. Anthony Hospital in the trauma, surgery, and oncology unit. She then worked in the neuro intensive care unit at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit and eventually returned to St. Anthony Hospital in the neuro trauma ICU. It was in the ICU that she fell in love with complex neurosurgical conditions and, more importantly, the people whose strength and perseverance she witnessed on a daily basis on their road to recovery. She obtained her Master of Science in Nursing degree to become a nurse practitioner from the University of Colorado at Anschutz. Freddie is bilingual in French and English. She enjoys spending time with her labradoodle Aspen, working out, cooking, and is learning to golf.
- Bachelor of Science – University of Denver, Denver, CO
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing – Creighton University, Omaha, NE
- Master of Science in Nursing – University of Colorado-Anschutz, Aurora, CO
- AANP – Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- ACLS – Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
- BLS – Basic Life Support
- CCRN – Critical Care Nurse
- NIHSS – NIH Stroke Scale
- Registered Nurse (RN) – Neuro-Trauma Intensive Care Unit, St. Anthony Hospital, Lakewood, CO
- Registered Nurse (RN) – Neurosurgical Intensive Care Unit – Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI
- Registered Nurse (RN) – Trauma, Oncology, Surgery, St. Anthony Hospital, Lakewood, CO
- Neurosurgery – Neurosurgery One, Lakewood, CO
- Primary Care – Denver Health Webb Clinic, Denver, CO
- Cardiology – Denver Health Healthy Hearts Clinic, Denver, CO
- Behavioral Health – Peakview Behavioral Health, Colorado Springs, CO
Specializes in neurotrauma, spine surgery, neuro-oncology, and neurovascular surgery.
Denver spine surgeon specializing in minimally invasive spine surgery in Lakewood.