Meet Monika Koehler
Monika Koehler is a certified physician assistant in Neurosurgery One’s Lakewood clinic. She provides pre- and post- operative care to patients with brain and spine conditions and supports Dr. Zain Allison.
Monika received her Bachelor of Science in Bio-Resource & Research in Genomics/Bioinformatics and Biotechnology, with a minor in Chemistry, at Oregon State University in Corvallis, Oregon. She went on to earn her master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies as well as her Doctor of Medical Science (DMSc) degree at A.T. Still University in Mesa, Arizona.
Monika continues to serve as PA officer chair for the A.T. Still University Wilderness Medicine Club where she coordinates with students and guest speakers for upcoming events. She is also a proficient speaker in German and has experience with some computer programming languages.
- Doctor of Medical Science – A.T. Still University, Mesa AZ
- Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies – A.T Still University, Mesa AZ
- Bachelor of Science in Bio-Resource & Research in Genomics/Bioinformatics and Biotechnology, Minor in Chemistry – Oregon State University, Corvallis OR
- Medical Assistant – Family Care Center, Rose Kenny MD, May 2019 – February 2020
- Medical Assistant and Scribe – The Center Orthopedics and Neurosurgery, August 2017 – June 2019
- Medical Scribe – Bend St. Charles Emergency Department, November 2016 – July 2017
- Physical Therapist Intern/Assistant, March 2017 – September 2017
- Undergraduate Research – David Hendrix Laboratory, Corvallis, OR, October 2014 – May 2016
- BLS Provider – American Heart Association: CPR and First Aid
- ACLS Provider – American Heart Association
- CPI Verbal Intervention Training – Blue Card
- A.T. Still University Wilderness Medicine Club, PA officer chair
- American Acadamy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), member