Meet Sara Goyzueta
Sara was born and raised in Texas and Oklahoma. At the age of 13, she had to have emergent neurosurgery which sparked her interest in medicine. She completed her bachelor’s degree in biology at the University of Texas at Austin. Upon moving to Denver, she worked in home health for clients with quadriplegia and muscular dystrophy and as a technician in cardiac and post anesthesia care units. She obtained her Master in Physician Assistant Studies at Idaho State University. Sara returned to Denver after school to join the Neurosurgery One team and is completing the first Advanced Practice Provider residency with Neurosurgery One. Sara is passionate about providing comprehensive patient care and education. Outside of work, you can find her enjoying outdoor recreation, cooking, gardening, reading, crosswording, y placticando en español.
- Bachelor of Arts, Biology, The University of Texas – Austin, TX
- Master of Physician Assistant Studies, Idaho State University – Pocatello, ID
Clinical Rotation Experience
- Outpatient Medicine, Sterling Urgent Care – Idaho Falls, ID
- Internal Medicine, Gerges Medical Clinic Inc. – Visalia, CA
- OB/GYN, St. Alphonsus Regional Medical Center – Gynecologic Oncology – Boise, ID
- Psychiatry, Veterans Affairs Medical Center – Salt Lake City, UT
- Emergency Medicine, Kadlec Regional Medical Center – Richland, WA
- General Surgery, Intermountain Medical Center – Murray, UT
- NCCPA – Certified Physician Assistant
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
- Basic Life Support
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Idaho Academy of Physician Assistants
- Certified Nurse Aide
Awards and Honors
- Centura Health CRISSIE Honors Award
- AmeriCorps Education Award
- Committee Member – Student/Professional Wellness Program
- Volunteer – Marie Blanchard Friendship Clinic
- Volunteer Tester – Denver Colorado AIDS Project
- Health Center Assistant – Planned Parenthood
- AmeriCorps Internship Program
- Department Representative – AmeriCorps Leadership Council
- Collegiate National Championship Qualifier
- Volunteer – Global Medical Training
- Volunteer – American Medical Students Association
- Women’s XC Team Representative – NCAA Student Athlete Advisory Committee
- Masters Capstone Project – February, 2020
- Service Learning Program – 2018-2019
- Richard Malcolm Brown Lab for Cellulose and Biofuels Research – 2012
Specializes in neurotrauma, spine surgery, neuro-oncology, and neurovascular surgery.
Denver spine surgeon specializing in minimally invasive spine surgery in Lakewood.
Specializes in neuroendoscopy, minimally invasive brain surgery, and brain mapping.
Specializing in complex spine deformities, with expertise in minimally invasive spine surgery.