Westminster, Colorado Fellowship-Trained Spine Surgeon
14300 Orchard Parkway
Westminster, CO 80023
Physicians At This location
Advanced Practice Providers
Westminster Neurosurgeon Provides Expert Spine Surgery
If you are looking for a top neurosurgeon in Westminster, our leading spine surgeon at Neurosurgery One Westminster offers exceptional patient care coupled with extensive specialized training and experience. Our Westminster spine surgeon Jason McGowan, MD, FAANS has extensive experience in diagnosing and treating spinal deformities such as scoliosis as well as degenerative spine conditions and spinal reconstruction . Dr. McGowan completed a prestigious fellowship in complex spinal deformity at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, where he also received specialized training in scoliosis and spinal reconstructive surgeries.
For our Westminster back pain and spine patients, Dr. McGowan performs surgery at St. Anthony North Hospital, which is conveniently located in Westminster right off of Interstate 25.
Together with our advanced practice providers (APPs), Dr. McGowan diagnoses and treats patients with a variety of back and neck pain and complex spinal conditions including:
- Scoliosis. Scoliosis surgery for adults may be a consideration for patients who develop adult-onset scoliosis, which is a curvature of the spine that develops due to injury or aging. Whenever possible, our Westminster spine surgeon recommends conservative therapies like physical therapy and injections, interventional pain management procedures, and minimally invasive spine surgery.
- Back and Neck Pain. Most adults will suffer from back or neck pain at some point in their lives. At Neurosurgery One, wealways start with conservative methods for back and neck pain, only recommending spine surgery if absolutely necessary.
- Spinal deformities. Spinal deformities can develop as people age or be present from birth (congenital). Often,
- spinal deformities can impact quality of life, restrict activities, and cause pain or balance issues.
- Traumatic spine injuries. While never something you plan for, traumatic spine injuries require prompt and precise treatment. Dr. McGowan has deep experience in working with patients who suffer traumatic spine injuries from skiing, hiking, athletic, and automobile accidents. Read the story of the paraglider who fell over 100 feet but was running again in just months after Dr. McGowan performed his surgery.
Services Provided by Our Westminster Neurosurgeon
Our Westminster neurosurgeon and spine surgeon Dr. McGowan is fellowship-trained and highly experienced in a range of spinal procedures, including:
- Minimally invasive spine surgery: Whenever possible and supported by the best evidence-based recommendations, our Westminster spine surgeon utilizes minimally invasive and outpatient surgical procedures. This helps patients recover faster and reduces pain. Dr. McGowan provides minimally invasive spine surgery
- Complex spinal reconstruction surgery: From spinal fusions to ACDF surgery, Dr. McGowan is expert in complex spinal reconstruction surgeries for patients who suffer from degenerative disc disease, spinal trauma, spinal stenosis and other painful spinal conditions.
- 360-degree “circumferential” spinal surgery: One of the latest surgical techniques, 360-degree “circumferential” spinal surgery reduces operating time, blood loss and shortens hospital stays.
As a Neurosurgery One patient, you will have access to a large network of neurosurgeons and pain management physicians in the Denver area. Visit our Spine Surgery Center page for additional information about our spine surgery capabilities and a comprehensive list of services provided by our Westminster neurosurgeon and our network of Neurosurgery One clinics.
Westminster Spine Surgeon Near You
Our Neurosurgery One Westminster clinic is located on the same campus as St. Anthony North Hospital just off I-25. From 144th Street, turn south on Orchard Parkway.
14300 Orchard Parkway
Westminster, CO 80023
The great news is that you don’t need to travel into Denver for surgery as our Westminster neurosurgeon performs surgery at Centura – St. Anthony North Hospital at 14300 Orchard Pkwy Westminster, CO, 80023
What to Expect From Our Wesminster Neurosurgeon
At Neurosurgery One Westminster, you are our top priority. We take the care and time to understand your goals, provide a proper diagnosis, and recommend the most conservative treatments whenever possible. Dr. McGowan’s team often has same-day availability for urgent spine conditions, and can see most new patients within 1 week.
Patients have described their experience with Dr. McGowan as caring, patient, and knowledgeable. We know you’ll feel the same.
Our Westminster neurosurgery team is accepting new patients. Request an appointment today. Before your first visit, please review the following links and complete all necessary paperwork.