Meet Laura Fox
Laura is a Colorado native, growing up on the western slope, in Grand Junction. Laura completed her undergraduate degree in 2007 at the University of Colorado in Colorado Springs, earning a degree in Biology and Chemistry. She went on to earn a master’s degree in Biomedical Sciences at Colorado State University in 2009. She earned her master’s in Physician Assistant Studies in 2015 at Long Island University in Brooklyn, New York.
Following her education she returned to Grand Junction to work at St. Mary’s Medical Center as a Physician Assistant with the Brain and Spine Center, where she worked from May 2016 to July 2020. She is very excited to join the Neurosurgery team at Lutheran Medical Center in Wheat Ridge.
As a Neurosurgery One PA, Laura examines, diagnoses and treats patients with various neurological disorders, interprets tests and radiographic imaging and prescribes appropriate medications, all in collaboration with her attending physician. She also assists in surgery for a wide range of neurosurgical pathologies including brain, spine and neuro-trauma surgeries. Laura is dedicated to providing her patients with high quality, patient centered care.
In her spare time, Laura loves the outdoors and the many activities that Colorado has to offer, including biking, hiking, paddle boarding, fishing, camping and skiing. She also loves spending time with her fiancé, Joe and her dog, Ruby.
- Master of Science Physician Assistant Studies – Long Island University-Brooklyn, Brooklyn, New York
- Master of Science Biomedical Science – Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado
- Bachelor of Science in Biology and Chemistry – University of Colorado – Colorado Springs, Colorado Springs, Colorado
SCL Health- Lutheran Medical Center- Neurosurgical PA
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
– Inpatient and outpatient responsibilities at level 2 trauma center. First assist during various cranial and spinal surgeries. Daily rounds, consults. Outpatient clinic experience seeing new patients, pre-operative and post-operative patients. Call coverage. Nursing education.
SCL Health –St. Mary’s Hospital – Neurosurgical PA
Grand Junction, Colorado
– First assist during cranial and spine surgeries, outpatient clinical experience with new, pre- and post-operative patients, management of endovascular pre- and post-procedure patients, managing inpatients from admission to discharge, call coverage at a busy level 2 trauma center
Lead Advanced Practice Provider (2019-July 2020)
– Managed conflict, provide mentorship to new associates, advocate for ideas and communicate effectively amongst peers.
Provider Leadership Committee Member (Jan 2020-July 2020)
– Served as a representative for APPs. Discuss problems/ideas with administration. Attend monthly meetings and subcommittee meetings to review new/current policies, discuss ideas regarding recruitment and retainment of providers and general hospital operations.
- American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support