Meet Laura Fox
Laura is a Colorado native, growing up on the western slope, in Grand Junction. Laura completed her undergraduate degree in 2007 at the University of Colorado in Colorado Springs, earning a degree in Biology and Chemistry. She went on to earn a master’s degree in Biomedical Sciences at Colorado State University in 2009. She earned her master’s in Physician Assistant Studies in 2015 at Long Island University in Brooklyn, New York.
Following her education she returned to Grand Junction to work at St. Mary’s Medical Center as a Physician Assistant with the Brain and Spine Center, where she worked from May 2016 to July 2020. She is very excited to join the Neurosurgery team at Lutheran Medical Center in Wheat Ridge.
As a Neurosurgery One PA, Laura examines, diagnoses and treats patients with various neurological disorders, interprets tests and radiographic imaging and prescribes appropriate medications, all in collaboration with her attending physician. She also assists in surgery for a wide range of neurosurgical pathologies including brain, spine and neuro-trauma surgeries. Laura is dedicated to providing her patients with high quality, patient centered care.
In her spare time, Laura loves the outdoors and the many activities that Colorado has to offer, including biking, hiking, paddle boarding, fishing, camping and skiing. She also loves spending time with her fiancé, Joe and her dog, Ruby.
- Master of Science Physician Assistant Studies – Long Island University-Brooklyn, Brooklyn, New York
- Master of Science Biomedical Science – Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado
- Bachelor of Science in Biology and Chemistry – University of Colorado – Colorado Springs, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support
- Neurosurgical PA – SCL Health- Lutheran Medical Center, Wheat Ridge, CO
- Neurosurgical PA – SCL Health –St. Mary’s Hospital, Grand Junction, CO
- Lead Advanced Practice Provider – SCL Health –St. Mary’s Hospital, Grand Junction, CO
- Provider Leadership Committee Member – SCL Health –St. Mary’s Hospital, Grand Junction, CO
Denver spine surgeon specializing in minimally invasive spine surgery in Lakewood.