Meet Kate Setter
Kate Setter is a board-certified family nurse practitioner, specializing in the care of neurosurgical outpatients, with a special interest in patients with traumatic brain injury.
Kate received a bachelor’s degree in exercise science from Truman State University, and a bachelor’s degree in nursing from Regis University. She spent her nursing career at Craig Hospital working with patients who sustained brain and spinal cord injuries. She also worked with children with chronic illness at Morgridge Academy. Kate then received her master’s degree in nursing at Regis University. Upon graduation, she worked in internal medicine with patients at Craig Hospital until 2021.
Kate sees patients in Neurosurgery One’s Lakewood clinic. She provides patient education to help improve outcomes for patients who are preparing for spine surgery in Denver. She also treats patients in Neurosurgery One’s specialty clinics, including the Adult Concussion Clinic, the Bone Health & Spine Fracture Clinic, and the Device Clinic, which pre-screens patients for implanted devices such as a Spinal Cord Stimulator or Inspire Sleep Therapy.
Kate loves to spend time in Colorado’s mountains, hiking, skiing, and camping. She also loves attending concerts, traveling, and spending time with her husband and puppy.
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science – Truman State University, Kirksville, MO
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing – Regis University, Denver, CO
- Master of Science in Nursing/Family Nurse Practitioner – Regis University, Denver, CO
- Certified Neuroscience Registered Nurse
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
- American Association of Neuroscience Nurses – Rocky Mountain Chapter
Activities and Volunteer Experience
- Free Clinic Nurse Volunteer – Colorado Rehab Services Volunteer Project, Englewood, CO
- Challenge by Choice Adventure Camp Nurse – Brain Injury Alliance of Colorado, Breckenridge, CO
Conferences and Presentations
- Craig Hospital Representative and Attendee – ANCC National Magnet Conference, Houston, TX
- “Neurogenic Bowel & Bladder Management” – Co-Presenter for Good Samaritan Medical Center Talk, Lafayette, CO